Some words remain alive due to their space and time suitability. “…… of the People, by the People, for the People…..” was one such. At Gettysburg……..by Abraham Lincoln……during American Civil War. These words remained pertinent throughout centuries.
After this my eye opened and I found myself in the warmth of my bed. But why this came into my dream while I was willing to file a PIL in High Court? I slept again and as usually God Yama told me the five Basics of PIL.
1. There should be a Public Interest not any Personal Score Settlement.
2. It is not mandatory to hire an advocate to file the same.
3. The PIL Cell will scrutinize the case and then only the case will be allowed.
4. Ten Most Important Areas of PIL are :: Bonded Labour, Neglected Children, Minimum Wages, Petition from Jail, FIR refusal/ custodial death, Atrocities on women, Torture of backward classes, Environment Pollution, Riot Victim, Family Pension.
5. Five Non-PIL topics are :: Land Lord-Tenant dispute, Service Matter, Pension-Gratuity Matter, Complaint the Govt. Dept (other than the above mentioned matters), Early hearing request in any Subordinate Court, Admission to any Institute.
Article 32 of the Indian constitution contains a tool which directly joins the public with judiciary. It was called “the very soul of the constitution and the very heart of it” by Dr. B R Ambedkar.
One US President whom people loved and one constitutional expert, who created the Constitution of world’s biggest democracy, understood the same thing. Let the People be at the Center.
Can we keep them there?